Edifici Josep Carner (Gran Via w/ Aribau), 5th floor — Room 5.26
+34 934 034 714 (shared)
Secció de Lingüística General
Universitat de Barcelona
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 585
08007 Barcelona, Spain
I'm a PhD candidate in Cognitive Science and Language at the University of Barcelona, under the supervision of Cedric Boeckx.
I am also a member of the University of Barcelona Institute for Complex Systems (UBICS).
I am interested in the evolution of speech, and its role in the emergence of language more broadly. I also engage in the discussion of conceptual issues that arise in the study of the biology of language.
- Talk with several of my BIB colleagues at the "New directions in language evolution research" workshop, as part of the 51st Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea in Tallin, Estonia (August 29 - September 1, 2018)
- Two talks with several of my BIB colleagues at Evolang XII in Toruń, Poland (April 16-19, 2018)
- Invited talk at the Tokyo Conference on Evolinguistics in Tokyo, Japan (March 7, 2018)
- Paper in Journal of Language Evolution (with M. Marí and C. Boeckx): SRGAP2 and the gradual evolution of the modern human language faculty (2018)
- Paper in PLOS ONE (with BIB colleagues and collaborators): Self-domestication in Homo sapiens: Insights from comparative genomics (2017)
- Chapter in John Benjamins volume (ed. by B. Samuels): There is no place for markedness in biologically-informed phonology (2017)
- Organized Protolang 5 and Workshop on Lenneberg in Barcelona (2017)
- Paper in Journal of the Phonetic Society of Japan (with B. Samuels and C. Boeckx): Linguistic knowledge by descent: an evolutionary approach to stress typology (2017)